STAR GENESIS PRIME AE
Plus W.S.S.T. if applicable
Prices subject to change
THE EVOLUTION OF ADHESION
MADE FOR ASPHALT EMULSION SEALERS
Specialty PrimeriCoating For Oil Spots, Grease Contaminations, Polished Aggregates, Fresh Asphalts and Problematic Adhesions Areas
STAR° GENESIS PRIME AE– A new generation of high performance, adhesion promoting primers that are offered to serve a diverse set of needs in an evolving sealcoating industry. STAR® GENESIS PRIME AP” is a water based, 100% acrylic polymer coating that is fortified with specialty chemicals that will promote adhesion to problematic areas in both asphalt and concrete pavements. STAR® GENESIS PRIME AE”‘ is the FIRST product you should look to when you encounter a challenging adhesion situation over problematic surfaces that need to be sealcoated. STAR® GENESIS PRIME AETM overcomes the common problems faced every day when working to cover surfaces that have been contaminated by oils, grease, fats, tree sap deposits, fuel spillage and anti-freeze drippings. Also highly effective in priming aged pavements and polished aggregates, freshly patched asphalt areas and concrete pavements that are difficult for sealcoatings to adhere to.
- As a Coating – will prevent oil, grease and contaminants from penetrating into the asphalt pavement.
- As a Primer – will prevent oil, grease and contaminants from bleeding up through the sealcoating, and will improve surface appearance.
- STAR° GENESIS PRIME AE’ will effectively stop, or greatly reduce, tile and carpet staining which is sometimes caused by tracking sealcoatings by foot into stores and businesses. Apply a finishing coat of STAR® GENESIS PRIME AE– along the entire width, and preferably out to a 50 foot depth, in front of the building entrances at full strength, without dilution.
- On Concrete – will aggressively adhere to concrete surfaces and act like a sealcoating by itself or as a primer so that sealcoating appears uniform across all surfaces on a properly with both concrete and asphalt pavements.
- Will eliminate the need for excessive surface preparation that could damage the asphalt substrate.
- Is easy to use straight from the container. Minimal on-the-job mixing.
- Dries to rich black satin finish in 30 minutes, Cures in 2 to 4 hours.
- Useful as a black out paint for old traffic control markings.
STAR® GENESIS PRIME AE– is excellent where concrete and asphalt are used together and a uniform appearance is desired, for example; drive through lanes or gas station fueling pads. Recommended on all asphalt surfaces where contamination and oil spotting or black out is needed and problems need to be treated prior to sealcoating application. Excellent for priming aged asphalt aggregate that is polished due to tire abrasion, allowing sealcoating to adhere more tenaciously than unprimed surfaces.
MIX DESIGN RECOMMENDATIONS
STAR® GENESIS PRIME AETM IS SUPPLIED READY TO USE.
There is no dilution necessary. In unusually hot conditions clean potable water, at a maximum of 5% by volume, can be used to reduce STAR° GENESIS PRIME AE–.
Must be applied to structurally sound pavements. Do not apply over chip seal or gilsonite sealed surfaces.
Apply One Coating of STAR® GENESIS PRIME AETM as a primer over the contaminated area – the total coverage rate of 125 – 150 Sq. Ft./Gal. (3.0 – 3.7 Sq. Meter/Liter).
IMPORTANT WEATHER LIMITATIONS
- Surface and air temperature should be a min. 50° F (10° C) and
- Do not apply on rainy, foggy, or extremely humid days, or when rain is in the forecast within 24 hours.
For best results remove all loose dirt and scrape off any heavy built up oil and grease. Hose off with clean water and let dry. Fresh oil drippings and contaminations must be washed with a detergent and then properly dried.
- Use conventional tools; Brush, roller, rubber squeegee or low pressure
- Clean up with water. Do not discard washings in the bodies of water or down sewer drains.
- Dried primer on tools – Wire brushing, scarping and peeling.
- Keep stored containers sealed tightly.
Cure time will vary according to temperature and humidity at the time of application. Insufficiently cured films wear prematurely. Lower temperatures, high humidity and lack of direct sunlight will prolong the cure time. Higher temperatures, lower humidity and direct sunlight accelerate the cure process. After the application of STAR® GENESIS PRIME AE– the coating should dry in approximately 30 minutes and fully cure in 2-4 hours in good conditions.
KEEP FROM FREEZING / KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
May cause skin irritation. Wear gloves and protective clothing. In case of contact, flush skin or eyes immediately with fresh water. If the product gets in the mouth or eyes see a physician immediately. Consult a Safety Data Sheet for details.
PACKAGING & AVAILABILITY
5-Gallon plastic pails, 55-gallon drums & 275-gallon plastic totes, and bulk at all STAR plant locations.
WARRANTY & DISCLAIMER The suggestions and related data contained on these pages are based on information we believe to be reliable. They are offered in good faith, but without guarantee, as conditions and methods of use of our products are beyond our control. S.T.A.R., Inc. will not be responsible for any indirect or consequential damages We will either replace or refund the purchase price in the event the products are proved to be defective, at our option.
STAR® GENESIS PRIME™ is available for both Asphalt Emulsion and Refined Tar Based Sealers