STAR ADVANTAGE 4® is a high potency, acrylic emulsion based additive that packs the benefits of several types of products in one; fast-drying, performance-boosting, color-enhancing, and viscosity building. STAR ADVANTAGE 4® is based on 100% acrylic polymers that reinforce and enhance the overall performance of sealcoatings. Other significant components in the formulation include fast drying chemicals, color-enhancing pigments, and adhesion promoting surfactants that deliver a combination of the most desired enhancements in one powerful product. It is recommended for Asphalt Emulsion based sealcoatings to improve the overall performance of sealcoatings.
• Speeds up the drying time of sealcoatings thereby reducing labor cost and allowing traffic sooner than non-modified sealer.
• Toughens the sealer film and improves tensile strength thus reducing power steering marks, scuffing, and tearing. Improves flexibility and adhesion of the cured sealer film to the existing surface. Improves fuel and chemical resistance of the cured film.
• The inclusion of carbon black acts as a UV absorber and enhances the cured color of sealcoatings. This property alone is important when using Asphalt Emulsion sealers that tend to fade in color while aging.
• Boosts the viscosity of the diluted sealer and enables it to suspend large quantities of sand effectively and uniformly. Eliminates sand roll out, and the streaky appearance of a cured coating. Finished jobs will have a uniform-textured appearance.
• Based on a polymer-emulsion; safe to handle and use. No health hazards have been reported.